While camping is the perfect summer vacation, the serenity and adventure of spending time in the great outdoors is truly best enjoyed in the fall. The beautiful scenery is enough to make your trip worth it, but there's so much fall fun that the whole family can enjoy as well.
Plan your next stay at Massey's Landing in the fall and see how amazing camping can truly be.
Dedicating an afternoon to apple or berry picking is the ultimate fall activity. Feeling the refreshing autumn breeze blowing as you're hand-picking your own crisp apples and sweet berries will put you into such a relaxed state of serenity, you'll never want to leave. Check out some of these pick-your-own farms!
- Bennett Orchards (35 minutes from Massey's Landing)
- Magee Farms (27 minutes from Massey's Landing)
- Parsons Farms Produce (33 minutes from Massey's Landing)
Drink in the fiery autumn colors at one of these state parks. These beautiful escapes are rich with stunning fall scenery that is sure to take your breath away.
All are just 40 minutes from Massey's Landing.
Cooler Weather & fewer bugs
Nothing is worse than trying to enjoy your vacation while being so stifling hot, you feel like you're melting. If you plan a fall getaway, you'll get to enjoy cooler temperatures and little to no bugs. The crisp, cool autumn air will keep you perfectly comfortable and you'll be able to thoroughly enjoy your trip.
- Grilled Herb Chicken and Potato Foil: season your chicken breasts, mushrooms and gold potatoes in Ziploc baggies with basil, oregano and dill. Then you can easily transfer everything into foil and onto the fire!
- Foil Pack Cinnamon Apples: the best fall treat! Pack some cinnamon and brown sugar on top of your hand-picked apples.
- Foil Pack Chocolate Marshmallow Bananas: give your bananas the s'mores treatment.
- Sausage Pierogie Campfire Foil Packets: all you need is thawed pierogies, some sliced up sausage and any veggies of your choice.
Cozy Up With a Hot Beverage
- Hot chocolate: bring your favorite hot chocolate mix and try topping it with a freshly roasted marshmallow. You could also make it an adult-hot chocolate with a splash of Baileys.
- Apple cider: nothing welcomes fall like a sweet apple cider. Add a little Fireball Whiskey to make it boozy!
- Hot Rum Coffee: add some Cruzan Black Strap Rum to your favorite kind of hot coffee along with some cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a dollop of whipped cream on top
Festivals & Events
October 4, 2019
Kick off autumn with this fun filled fall festival complete with a caramel apple station and pumpkin chunkin'.
October 5, 2019
Come enjoy a day of planes, cars, WWII reenactors, airport history, great food, entertainment, fun for the kids, craft vendors and much more.
October 25-27, 2019
Head over to Rehoboth Beach and enjoy activities such as a costume parade, dog parade, Sea Witch Hunt, trick-or-treating, hayrides and free live entertainment.
October 19-20 and 26-27, 2019
Featuring trick-or-treating, pumpkin painting and more, this spooky event is sure to bring out the ghoul in you!